Call for Applications for members of Student Research Committees
of the International Association for Political Science Students (IAPSS)
The International Association for Political Science Students is launching a call for applications for members of its Student Research Committees (SRCs).
An IAPSS SRC is an organizational structure aiming at a deeper study of a specific subfield of a broader science or field of study. The IAPSS SRCs aim to mirror the Research Committees of the International Political Science Association (IPSA) and cover various sub-fields within political science.
The objectives and main activities of an IAPSS SRC are:
- to create personal contacts among political science students;
- to pursue research in the selected subfield of political science leading to collaboration on academic publications;
- to establish SRC panels at IAPSS events and other international conferences;
- to publish a series of articles in IAPSS publications.
Currently, the following SRCs are operational and accept applications for new members (on a rolling basis):
- SRC on Comparative Politics
- SRC on EU Law and Politics
- SRC on Conflict, Security and Crime
- SRC on Human Rights and Gender Studies
- SRC on International Law and Governance
- SRC on International Relations Theory
- SRC on Latin American Politics
- SRC on Politics in the MENA Region
Every IAPSS SRC is composed by at least four members of whom one holds the position of the Chair and one the position of the Vice-Chair. Chairs are elected by the members of the respective SRC, subject to approval by the SRC Coordinator and the Head of the IAPSS Academic Department.
The members of the Student Research Committees work on a voluntary base. They are expected to actively contribute to the work of their Committee and communicate regularly with their Chair and fellow SRC members. Furthermore, occupying the position implies that you are a member of IAPSS at the moment of your instalment and during the whole period of your SRC membership, therefore, if you are not already a member you will be required to apply for membership in case of acceptance.
A complete application for SRC membership should include:
- your name and your CV;
- a short letter (approx. 1 page) in which you indicate the name of the SRC you would like to join, the reasons for your choice of the SRC and your general motivation to become an SRC member;
- an academic research proposal or an academic writing sample (max. 10 pages), ideally related to the scope of the SRC you would like to join.
Please send the documents in a PDF form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your application will be discussed with the Chair/Vice-Chair of the respective SRC and you will be notified on the result afterwards.
Please do not hesitate to contact us in case of further questions or inquiries.
Student Research Committees Coordinator
International Association for Political Science Students (IAPSS)
Nijmegen | The Netherlands