Deputy Head- Programs, IAPSS
Deadline for Application Submission: February 5, 2021
- Assisting and overseeing IAPSS’ Programs Department and recruiting the department’s 2020-2021 team that will assist with planning and implementation of a variety of events and projects;
- Developing event and project proposals;
- Assisting IAPSS event teams plan and implement events and projects;
- Assisting with applications for funding for events and projects and identifying funding sources;
- Attending by-weekly Executive Committee meetings and reporting on the Programs Department’s progress and activities;
- Being available on IAPSS email and Slack daily and responding to messages within at least 48 hours.
- These duties will require a commitment of at least 10 hours each week.
Skills and Competencies:
- Experience in event planning and implementation.
- Experience with fundraising and event budgeting.
- Proficiency in the project management application Slack or an equivalent program, Gmail, Google Meet, and Google Drive.
- Strong communication skills in English.
- Experience working remotely.
- Group coordination and relational skills.
Like all roles within IAPSS, the Deputy Head for Programs is an unpaid volunteer position. However, the benefits it yields are significant, which include:
- Experience working with an international organization;
- the opportunity to work with a diverse team of student leader from around the world;
- Building a network of international contacts in the field of higher education, politics, business, and related fields;
- Opportunities to participate in IAPSS events and initiatives that make a difference in the lives of political science students;
- Contributing to student advocacy initiatives at national and international levels;
- A wealth of learning opportunities and practical experience in highly employable skills and competencies in the fields of event planning, fundraising, logistics, and a variety of digital skills.
Important: To occupy this position, you must be a member of IAPSS at the moment of your installment. IAPSS membership embraces a wide range of benefits and services and comes at a student-friendly annual rate of either 10 or 15 Euros for a one year membership depending on your country of origin. Discounted rates are available for two-year memberships. You can sign up to be an IAPSS member here
Please send your CV and a letter of motivation (1-2 pages, referring to your experience, skills, interests, and plans related to the position) via the online form before the deadline mentioned above. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an online interview.
For questions or inquiries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
IAPSS Vice President,, Programs
International Association for Political Science Students (IAPSS)
Postbox 9108 | 6500HK Nijmegen | The Netherlands