IAPSS USA & Canada is hosting an ESSAY COMPETITION!
We want to hear from you what you think is the most pressing issue to address in a Covid-19 recovery plan! You may address issues from the environment to student loans to restorative justice, but be creative and have a good argument for why this issue is the most important to creating a better post-pandemic society.
Our winners will be judged based on originality, clarity of argument, writing style, persuasiveness, and specificity.
The prizes are:
1st place: $300 USD
2nd place: $200 USD
3rd place: $100 USD
Three runner-ups will all receive a year-long IAPSS membership.
The work of the winners will be featured on our social media and published on our website.
- The contest is open to IAPSS members (not an IAPSS member yet? No worries, get your membership https://www.iapss.org/product-category/memberships/)
- The entrant must be an undergraduate or graduate student in the United States or Canada. International students completing their education online in the Canadian or American university while abroad are also eligible.
- One entry per student.
- The essay must be no more than 1,000 words in length, double-spaced.
- The essay must be solely the work of the entrant. Plagiarism will result in disqualification.
- Winners agree to allow the International Association of Political Science Students to post their names and educational institution on its social media accounts. Prize-winning essays will be posted in their entirety on a website with full credit given to the author.
- Winners are responsible for providing their mailing addresses and other necessary information under the law in order to receive any prizes. Prizes must be claimed within six months of the results being announced.
- The essay must be submitted online by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time of the entry deadline.
- Decisions of the judges are final.
- Winners will be solely responsible for any federal, state or local taxes.
- Winners release the International Association for Political Science students and its directors and volunteers from all claims, demands, and liabilities whatsoever regarding the above.
Questions? Message us at firstname.lastname@example.org