Deadline for Application Submissions: November 1, 2020
The International Association for Political Science Students is looking for a suitable applicant to fill the position of Accounting Coordinator within the IAPSS Financial Administration Department. This position is tasked with ensuring that routine accounting updates are made monthly and contributing to the financial letter presented during the General Assembly. This role will also consult on the compatibility of software between regions that have their own financial accounts. In other words, this position is integral to ensuring that the internal finances of IAPSS are kept in order so the organization can stay afloat. This position’s mandate extends from the time of appointment to May 31, 2021.
- Assist Treasurer in maintaining IAPSS financial records (monthly or quarterly) and soliciting invoices for all purchases on accounts
- Setting up meetings with region treasurers or heads to consolidate financial records on quarterly basis.
- Assist Treasurer in drafting the financial letter presented at December and Spring General Assembly.
- Update Treasurer after each update is completed
These duties will require a commitment of approximately 8 hours per month. This level of commitment is the bare minimum and is expected to be maintained through to the end of the position’s mandate.
The following criteria are strongly recommended assets. Since it is rare that an individual has experience in all of these aspects, a willingness to learn is crucial.
- Working knowledge of the Xero or equivalent, or previous Treasury experience
- Consolidation experience across multiple accounting software, if necessary
- Experience in project management
- Working efficiently with others.
- Excellent work ethic and time management skills
- 1 year as IAPSS member preferred.
Like all roles within IAPSS, the accounting coordinator is an unpaid volunteer position. However, the benefits it yields are significant, which include:
- Experience working with a non-profit with a global mandate and reach
- Building a network of international contacts in the field of higher education, politics, business, and related fields
- Opportunities to participate in IAPSS regional and global events and initiatives that contribute to the smooth functioning of the organization
- Contributing to student advocacy initiatives at national and international levels
- The opportunity to contribute to an international student government with a global reach that liaises with organizations including, but not limited to, the International Political Science Association (IPSA), the International Studies Association (ISA), the European Consortium for Political Research (ECPR), and UNESCO
To occupy this position, you must be a member of IAPSS at the moment of your installment. IAPSS membership embraces a wide range of benefits and services and comes
at a student-friendly annual rate of either 10 or 15 Euros depending on your country of origin. Discounted rates are available for two-year memberships. You can sign up to be an IAPSS member here.
Please send your CV and a letter of motivation (1-2 pages, referring to your experience, skills, interests, and plans related to the position) to firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline mentioned above. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a Skype interview.
For questions or inquiries, please contact:
International Association for Political Science Students (IAPSS)
Postbox 9108 | 6500HK Nijmegen | The Netherlands
www.iapss.org | www.facebook.com/iapss | www.twitter.com/iapss
|Job Category||Organisational Work|