Become our new Assistant Project and Events Coordinator in IAPSS Asia!
Deadline: 30th October 2020
… an avid and organized planner? Interested in giving students a platform to share their ideas? And interested in working in an international team? Then the Assistant Project and Events Coordinator position for IAPSS Asia might be right for you! Join the largest network of political science students worldwide with six regional chapters!
Internally, we are a team of highly dedicated students and junior professionals devoted to making an impact on a global scale. We look for individuals motivated to move mountains and thereby bring together political science students worldwide to shape the future.
- Training and professional development by experienced volunteers;
- Exposure to international conference management;
- Leadership opportunities working in international teams and networking with prominent partner organizations;
- Exposure to the widely-used digital platform Slack;
- Access to an exclusive alumni network that can boost your career in communications, public relations, advocacy, international organizations, political science and related professional fields;
- A volunteering certificate;
- A truly flexible and self-organizing work environment with colleagues worldwide
During the current mandate, you would work under the Head of Projects & Events Coordinator in order to lay the foundations for all IAPSS events and conferences in your region. As we organize programs like regional conferences, study trips, seminars in addition to our annual World Congress, you would be checking in with and supporting coordination teams, and helping to develop the IAPSS brand through the programs it offers in cooperation with the Head of Projects & Events Coordinator at IAPSS Asia. You would be expected to be creative in curating various types of events to cater to the needs and interests of political science students today.
- Independent and proactive work ethic;
- Cultural competence, ability to work in cross-cultural contexts;
- Leadership and event planning experience;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and through challenges;
- Fluency in English. (Additional linguistic skills are a plus).
- Willingness to dedicate 10 hours per week to the role;
- Previous participation in an IAPSS program an asset;
- If selected for the position, you must hold an IAPSS membership.
See yourself in this position? We are looking for creative, innovative and forward-thinking people who are driven to make an impact! Feel free to contact the Chair of IAPSS Asia by email if you have any questions.
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed and the applicants will be contacted once the position is filled.