… are media savvy, enjoy using different software for media campaigns, intrigued by the idea of improving IAPSS’ presence in the digital sphere, and interested in acquiring new skills in an international community for political science students and junior researchers, this opportunity is for you! Apply for the position of Media Coordinator and join the largest network of political science students worldwide with six regional chapters! Internally, we are a team of highly dedicated students and junior professionals devoted to make an impact on a global scale. We look for individuals motivated to move mountains and thereby bringing together political science students worldwide to shape the future.
- Training and professional development by experienced volunteers;
- Exposure to global campaigning online;
- Exposure to different social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, Reddit, etc.;
- Exposure to the digital platform Slack;
- Exposure to graphic design platforms such as Canva;
- Reimbursement for attending specific IAPSS events;
- Access to an exclusive alumni network that can boost your career in communications, public relations, advocacy, international organizations, political science and related professional fields;
- A volunteering certificate;
- A truly flexible and self-organizing work environment with colleagues worldwide.
During the current mandate (June 1, 2020 – May 31, 2021), you would work within the Department of Public Relations (PR) led by the Vice President for Public Relations and get insights into different working areas. The PR Department ensures that IAPSS engages digitally with its followers and members, distributes calls, opportunities and Newsletters (through MailChimp), drafts and implements communication strategies, designs graphics and booklets, conducts capacity-building trainings within IAPSS on social media usage, and coordinates that IAPSS speaks with one voice. All media, communications, and design efforts are taken care of by the social media and media coordinators. The distribution of tasks is very flexible, as it is adjusted to skills and wishes of the volunteer.
- Independent in your work ethics;
- We are specifically looking for proactive people who understand the political aspect of digital communications;
- Availability for around 10 hours per week;
- Working experience in international organisations and familiarity with communications is an asset;
- Experience in the field of social media analysis in an asset;
- Experience with graphic design platforms is an asset;
- Collaborative approach in internal and external communications;
- Excellent skills in English.
You must be a member of IAPSS during the time you hold the position.
As we are all volunteers, this is a non-paid position.
Do you see yourself in this position? Even if you don’t match the description in every aspect, we would be happy if you get in touch with us. We are looking for creative, innovative and forward-thinking people who are driven by making an impact! Feel free to contact the Vice President for Public Relations Paola Navarro Villa per email (firstname.lastname@example.org), if you have any questions.
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed and the applicants will be contacted once the position is filled.
The application should include a CV and a letter of motivation (no longer than 2 pages). Apply directly on the website or send it to email@example.com.