… are media savvy, enjoy using different software for media campaigns, intrigued by the idea of improving IAPSS’ presence in the digital sphere, and interested in acquiring new skills in an international community for political science students and junior researchers, this opportunity is for you!
Apply for the position of Media Coordinator and join the largest network of political science students worldwide with six regional chapters! Internally, we are a team of highly dedicated students and junior professionals devoted to make an impact on a global scale. We look for individuals motivated to move mountains and thereby bringing together political science students worldwide to shape the future.
During the current mandate (June 1, 2021 – May 31, 2022), you would work within the Department of Public Relations led by the Vice President for Public Relations and get insights into different working areas.
What does the PR Department do?
- Ensure that IAPSS engages digitally with our followers and members
- Distribute calls for application and interesting opportunities for students
- Sends monthly newsletters with updates about what IAPSS is working on and how students can join
- Draft and implement communication strategies
- Designs graphics and booklets
- Conducts capacity-building trainings/workshops within IAPSS on social media usage and other relevant platforms
- Coordinates that IAPSS speaks with one voice
What does a Media Coordinator do?
- Plan and carry out social media strategies to engage with our audience
- Promote calls for application and interesting opportunities from IAPSS and our partners
- Design simple, visually appealing graphics for our social media channels
- Answer to comments and direct messages on social media, as well as monitor the comment section on our platforms
If you have a project that you want to develop or try out, let us know and we’ll work on implementing it! The distribution of tasks is very flexible, as it is adjusted to the skills and wishes of the volunteer.
- Training and professional development by experienced volunteers
- Exposure to global campaigning online
- Exposure to different social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, Reddit, etc.
- Exposure to the digital platform Slack
- Reimbursement for attending specific IAPSS events
- Access to an exclusive alumni network that can boost your career in communications, public relations, advocacy, international organizations, political science and related professional fields
- A volunteering certificate upon request
- A truly flexible and self-organizing work environment with colleagues worldwide
- Independent in your work ethics
- We are specifically looking for proactive people who understand the political aspect of digital communications
- Availability for around 6-8 hours per week (workload varies)
- Working experience in international organisations and familiarity with communications is an asset
- Experience in the field of social media analysis in an asset
- Experience with graphic design platforms is an asset
- Collaborative approach in internal and external communications
- Excellent skills in English
Do you see yourself in this position? Even if you don’t match the description in every aspect, we will be happy if you get in touch with us!
Still got questions? Contact the Vice President for Public Relations Paola Navarro Villa (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The application should include a CV and a letter of motivation (no longer than 2 pages). Apply directly on the website or send it to email@example.com.
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed, and the applicants will be contacted once the position is filled.
Note: This is a volunteering, unpaid position.