Deadline: 17 February 2020
a creative person? Into art and design? Well aware of how social media campaigning works? Someone who knows how to design graphics? Interested in acquiring new skills in an international community for political science students and junior researchers? Then you should apply for the position of Art and Design Coordinator! Join the largest network of political science students worldwide with six regional chapters!
Internally, we are a team of highly dedicated students and junior professionals who want to make an impact on a global scale. We look for individuals motivated to move mountains and thereby bringing together political science students worldwide to shape the future.
- Training and professional development by experienced volunteers;
- Exposure to global campaigning online;
- Opportunity to work on and create designs for different social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.;
- Exposure to the digital platform Slack;
- Reimbursement for attending specific IAPSS events;
- Access to an exclusive alumni network that can boost your career in communications, public relations, advocacy, international organizations, political science and related professional fields;
- A volunteering certificate/recommendations;
- A truly flexible and self-organizing work environment with colleagues worldwide.
During the current mandate (June 1, 2019 – May 31, 2020), you would work within the Department of Public Relations (PR) led by the Vice President and Deputy Head for Public Relations and get insights into different working areas. The PR Department ensures that IAPSS engages digitally with its followers and members, distributes calls, opportunities and Newsletters, drafts and implements communication strategies, social media campaigns, designs graphics and booklets, conducts capacity-building trainings within IAPSS on social media usage, and coordinates that IAPSS speaks with one voice.
Your job would be designing the visuals such as graphics and short videos for our social platforms and IAPSS events.
- Experience with programmes such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Premiere Pro;
- We are specifically looking for creative people, who can come up with modern corporate designs;
- Collaborative approach in internal and external communications;
- Independent in your work ethics;
- Availability for around 8 hours per week;
- Working experience in international organisations and familiarity with communications is an asset;
- Excellent skills in English;
- You must be a member of IAPSS during the time you hold the position.
- You are a volunteer. This is a no paid position.
Do you see yourself in this position? Even if you don’t match the description in every aspect, we would be happy if you get in touch with us. We are looking for creative, innovative and forward-thinking people who are driven by making an impact! Feel free to contact the Vice President for Public Relations Paola Navarro Villa per email (email@example.com) if you have any questions.
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed and the applicants will be contacted once the position is filled.
Deadline for the application is 17th February 2020. The application should be a CV, a letter of motivation (no more than 500 words) and your design portfolio/sample work, to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.