…passionate about political sciences not limited to academia but to the real- world developments and crises? And have excellent oral and written English skills? Then you should apply to be our Author for IAPSS A Different View! Join the largest network of political science students worldwide with six regional chapters and various projects that you can manage and develop independently!
Internally, we are a team of highly dedicated students and junior professionals devoted to making an impact on a global scale. We look for individuals motivated to move mountains and thereby bringing together political science students worldwide to shape the future.
As an ADV Author you will contribute to the successful publication process and quality development of the IAPSS blog by mainly, but not exclusively:
- In conjunction with the guidelines of A Different View, you will conduct research to obtain factual information and authentic detail
- formatting papers in MS Word or another suitable program;
- Present drafts to editors and work with them to shape the material so it can be published
- Publish articles on a monthly basis.
A suitable candidate IS REQUIRED to:
- be a student in one of the fields of political science, international relations, law, public policy or economics, or a graduate with a degree obtained no less than seven years prior to application; and
- possess good command of the English language at the level of a native speaker (C2 of the Common European Framework for Reference of Languages).
Your skills and experiences
- Independent in your work ethics: we are specifically looking for proactive people who anticipate problems and solve them before they occur, combined with reliability and flexibility with regard to the work in a highly international environment with a strong intercultural competence;
- Communicative skills within both formal discussions and informal conversations;
- Excellent oral and written skills in English.
- The position is – as all other positions within IAPSS – UNPAID and extends until the mutual satisfaction of the position-holder and the IAPSS Board, represented by the Editors-in-Chief of A Different View and the Head of the Academic Department.
- In addition, occupying the position implies that you are a member of IAPSS at the moment of your installment and during your whole term as an ADV Author. Therefore, if you are not already a member, you will be required to apply for membership in case you are accepted as an ADV Author.
Do you see yourself in this position?
Please prepare the following documents in a Word format (.doc, .docx) and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59pm CEST on 25 November 2019:
- 600-word sample blog article related to the blog’s research areas (please note that you need to include an image for the article, the image’s source or link, a short bio and photo(s) of the contributor(s).
- Copy of your latest CV (max 2 pages)
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
|Job Category||Blogging, Research|