…passionate about political science? Experienced in proofreading and editing? And have excellent oral and written English skills? Then you should apply to be the next Deputy Editor-in-Chief for IAPSS A Different View! Join the largest network of political science students worldwide with six regional chapters and various projects that you can manage and develop independently!
Internally, we are a team of highly dedicated students and junior professionals devoted to making an impact on a global scale. We look for individuals motivated to move mountains and thereby bringing together political science students worldwide to shape the future.
As a Deputy Editor-in-Chief you will contribute to the successful publication process and quality development of the IAPSS blog by mainly, but not exclusively:
- In conjunction with the Editor-in-Chief, oversees weekly editorial operations of A Different View
- proofreading draft articles accepted for publication;
- formatting papers in MS Word or another suitable program;
- occasionally providing substantive feedback to submissions at various stages as advice to Authorial Board members;
A suitable candidate IS REQUIRED to:
- be a student in one of the fields of political science, international relations, law, public policy or economics, or a graduate with a degree obtained no less than seven years prior to application; and
- possess good command of the English language at the level of a native speaker (C2 of the Common European Framework for Reference of Languages).
- Must have strong organizational skills, ability to edit to a daily deadline, manage multiple tasks and work as part of a collaborative team.
Your skills and experiences
- Independent in your work ethics: we are specifically looking for proactive people who anticipate problems and solve them before they occur, combined with reliability and flexibility with regard to the work in a highly international environment with a strong intercultural competence;
- Awareness about rules and procedures for evaluation of academic papers;
- Group coordination and relational skills;
- Availability for around 10 hours per week;
- Communicative skills within both formal discussions and informal conversations;
- Excellent oral and written skills in English
- The position is – as all other positions within IAPSS – UNPAID and extends until the mutual satisfaction of the position-holder and the IAPSS Board, represented by the Editors-in-Chief of A Different View and the Head of the Academic Department.
- After the completion of your mandate you will receive a volunteering certificate
- In addition, occupying the position implies that you are a member of IAPSS at the moment of your installment and during your whole term as a Deputy Editor-In-Chief. Therefore, if you are not already a member, you will be required to apply for membership in case you are accepted as a Deputy Editor-In-Chief.
Do you see yourself in this position?
Please prepare the following documents in a Word format (.doc, .docx) and email them to email@example.com by 11:59pm CEST on 25 November 2019:
- Copy of your latest CV (max 2 pages)
- A Cover Letter (max. 500 words)
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Job Category||Blogging, Organisational Work, Research|