…passionate about political sciences ? Experienced in proofreading and editing? And have excellent oral and written English skills? Then you should apply to be the next Editor-in-Chief for IAPSS A Different Viewt! Join the largest network of political science students worldwide with six regional chapters and various projects that you can manage and develop independently!
Internally, we are a team of highly dedicated students and junior professionals devoted to making an impact on a global scale. We look for individuals motivated to move mountains and thereby bringing together political science students worldwide to shape the future.
As an Editor-in-Chief you will contribute to the successful publication process and quality development of the IAPSS blog by mainly, but not exclusively:
- Creating and enforcing parameters and policies regarding A Different View and its contents, taking quality and originality as the most important aspects.
- proofreading draft articles accepted for publication;
- formatting papers in MS Word or another suitable program;
- Overseeing the activities of junior and senior Editors.
- occasionally providing substantive feedback to submissions at various stages as advice to Authorial Board members;
- Creating editorial boards and outlines.
- Performing a final review of the content processed by other Editors in order to ensure the absence of grammatical and spelling errors.
- Ensuring all information published is properly verified and all sources are credited.
- Arranging the final layout of the story by finding the ideal balance among written content, pictures, and illustrations.
A suitable candidate IS REQUIRED to:
- be a student in one of the fields of political science, international relations, law, public policy or economics, or a graduate with a degree obtained no less than seven years prior to application; and
- possess good command of the English language at the level of a native speaker (C2 of the Common European Framework for Reference of Languages).
- strong editorial judgment and languages skills along with an In-depth knowledge of news and current affairs at the regional, provincial, national, and international level;
- Outstanding creativity, insight, and a positive, go-to attitude
- Must have strong organizational skills, ability to edit to a daily deadline, manage multiple tasks and work as part of a collaborative team.
Your skills and experiences
- Independent in your work ethics: we are specifically looking for proactive people who anticipate problems and solve them before they occur, combined with reliability and flexibility with regard to the work in a highly international environment with a strong intercultural competence;
- Awareness about rules and procedures for evaluation of academic papers;
- Group coordination and relational skills;
- Availability for around 10 hours per week;
- Communicative skills within both formal discussions and informal conversations;
- Excellent oral and written skills in English.
- The position is – as all other positions within IAPSS – UNPAID and extends until the mutual satisfaction of the position-holder and the IAPSS Board and the Head of the Academic Department.
- As an Editor-in-Chief you will entitled to a partial reimbursement to IAPSS events.
- After the completion of your mandate you will receive a volunteering certificate.
- In addition, occupying the position implies that you are a member of IAPSS at the moment of your installment and during your whole term as an Editor-In-Chief. Therefore, if you are not already a member, you will be required to apply for membership in case you are accepted as an Editor-In-Chief.
Do you see yourself in this position?
Please prepare the following documents in a Word format (.doc, .docx) and email them to email@example.com by 11:59pm CEST on 25 November 2019:
- Copy of your latest CV (max 2 pages)
- A Cover Letter (max. 500 words)
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Job Category||Blogging, Organisational Work, Research|