…passionate about research? Experienced in management? And have excellent oral and written English skills? Then you should apply to be the next IAPSS Student Research Committees Coordinator! Join the largest network of political science students worldwide with six regional chapters and various projects that you can manage and develop independently!
Internally, we are a team of highly dedicated students and junior professionals devoted to make an impact on a global scale. We look for individuals motivated to move mountains and thereby bringing together political science students worldwide to shape the future.
- Management training and professional development by experienced volunteers;
- Academic consultations from your colleague;
- Exposure to high-level organisations;
- Reimbursement for attending specific IAPSS events;
- Access to an extensive alumni network that can fire up your career in political science and related professional fields;
- A volunteering certificate and a recommendation letter;
- A truly flexible and self-organizing work environment with colleagues worldwide.
You would work together with the other SRC Coordinator with the support of Vice President for Academic Affairs. Your core area of work will be to manage 4 SRCs that have about 5 members each. You will be in charge of management and continuous developments of SRCs; consultations on research topics and research outcomes; International Political Science Association (IPSA), as well as with other associations (such as Standing Groups of the European Consortium for PoliticalResearch (ECPR); overseeing the process of selection new SRC members. You are able to prioritise the workload yourself and the professional, supportive environment is offered.
Your skills and experiences
- Independent in your work ethics: we are specifically looking for proactive people who anticipate problems and solve them before they occur, combined with reliability and flexibility with regard to the work in a highly international environment with a strong intercultural competence;
- Availability for around 10 hours per week;
- Communicative skills within both formal discussions and informal conversations;
- Excellent oral and written skills in English.
It is beneficial if candidates have:
- experience with academic research;
- experience with the coordination of academic or non-academic working groups.
- You must be a member of IAPSS during the time you hold the position.
- You are a volunteer! This is a non-paid position.
Do you see yourself in this position? Even if you don’t match the description in every aspect, we would be happy if you get in touch with us. We are looking for forward-thinking people that are driven by making an impact and believe that everybody can do that!
If you have any questions, please drop a message to the Student Research Committees Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
 IAPSS is a community of political science students. However, we appreciate the diversity and reality of politics and political science. We welcome applications from all related disciplines including business, gender studies, law or environmental sciences. You are currently not enrolled because you are for example in a gap year between your Masters and your PhD? No problem: the enrollment in a university program is no disqualifier for the position.
|Job Category||Organisational Work, Project Management|