…passionate about international affairs? Dedicated to contribute to building a network of future political science thinkers, leaders, and activists and supporting the regional growth of a global political science student community? And cannot get enough from working within international environments? Then you should apply to be the next IAPSS Deputy Secretary for Regional Affairs! Join the largest network of political science students worldwide with six regional chapters and various projects that you can manage and develop independently!
Internally, we are a team of highly dedicated students and junior professionals devoted to make an impact on a global scale. We look for individuals motivated to move mountains and thereby bringing together political science students worldwide to shape the future.
- Training and professional development by experienced volunteers;
- Exposure to high-level multinational organisations and institutions;
- Exposure to the development, evaluation, and monitoring of the organizational framework of the Council of Regions;
- Access to an extensive alumni network that can fire up your career in political science and related professional fields;
- A volunteering certificate;
- A truly flexible and self-organizing work environment with colleagues worldwide.
You would work together with the IAPSS Vice President for Regional Affairs and get insights into all working areas, especially the Council of Regions. The Council of Regions is nucleus of the regional structure of IAPSS, which allows you to work with both colleagues from IAPSS Global as well as with our regional chapters. Your core area of work will be supporting the Vice President for Regional Affairs with developing, evaluating, and monitoring the implementation of the regionalization of the Association, representing regional interests in the ExCom and linking the federal vision of IAPSS with the IAPSS Global Board, and coordinating and supervising regional projects and events.
Your skills and experiences
- Independent in your work ethics: we are specifically looking for proactive people who anticipate problems and solve them before they occur;
- Availability for around 10 hours per week;
- Working experience in INGOs and familiarity with administrative work;
- Communicative skills within both formal discussions and informal conversations;
- Cross-cultural communication skills;
- Excellent oral and written skills in English.
- You must be a member of IAPSS during the time you hold the position.
- You are a volunteer! This is not a paid position.
Do you see yourself in this position? Even if you don’t match the description in every aspect, we would be happy if you get in touch with us. We are looking for forward-thinking people that are driven by making an impact and believe that everybody can do that!
Send your CV and a one-page cover letter to your future colleague, Michael Gyekye via email. This call for applications will be open until the position is filled.