Become a member of our Academic Committee
Deadline: 05 March 2021
Are you… passionate about academic research? Skilled in assessing the strengths and weaknesses of an article? Interested in working in an international team? And do you have excellent English skills? Then, you should apply to become one of the reviewers in the IAPSS Academic Committee! Join the largest network of political science students worldwide with six regional chapters!
Internally, we are a team of highly dedicated students and junior professionals devoted to making an impact on a global scale. We look for individuals motivated to bring together political science students worldwide to shape the future.
– Academic consultations from your colleague;
– Exposure to high-level organisations;
– Access to an extensive alumni network that can fire up your career in political science and related professional fields;
– Gain experience in reviewing abstracts and academic articles;
– Improve your own academic writing skills;
– A truly flexible and self-organizing work environment with colleagues worldwide.
– The Academic Committee is responsible for reviewing and evaluating IAPSS academic products such as abstracts and conference papers. You will make sure the academic standards of IAPSS are upheld through careful assessment of the written material we receive. You will be helping in making conferences a success by selecting interesting and high-quality contributions from among the article submissions.
Your skills and experiences:
– You are a postgraduate student;*
– You are able to meet deadlines, in the run-up towards a conference, there are a lot of abstracts and papers that have to be reviewed before strict deadlines;
– Awareness about rules and procedures for evaluation of academic papers;
– Past experience in reviewing abstracts and papers is a plus;
– Excellent English skills;
– You are a team player.
– You must be a member of IAPSS during the time you hold the position.
– You are a volunteer! This is no paid position.
– Do you see yourself in this position? Even if you don’t match the description in every aspect, we would be happy if you get in touch with us. We are looking for forward-thinking people that are driven by making an impact and believe that everybody can do that!
In case you are interested please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org including:
– your name and your CV (no longer than 1-2 pages)
– a short cover letter (approx. 1 page) in which you indicate your general motivation to become an AC member;
For more information please do not hesitate to contact the Academic Committee Chair at: email@example.com.
Please note, that this is an unpaid volunteer position for university
students at all levels. We are looking forward to your applications!
* IAPSS is a community of political science students. However, we appreciate the diversity and reality of politics and political science. We welcome applications from all related disciplines including business, gender studies, law or environmental sciences. You are currently not enrolled because you are for example in a gap year between your Masters and your PhD? No problem: the enrollment in a university program is no disqualifier for the position.