The Students Research Committees (SRC) of the International Association for Political Science Students (IAPSS) are groups of upcoming intellectuals in the fields of government, politics, and political science. The SRCs are designed to encourage new researchers to enhance their research. The SRCs provide an atmosphere for independent and collaborative research supported by a team of like-minded individuals, who will give constructive feedback, encouragement, multicultural views, and interpretations. Each SRC has its designated thematic focus and we are currently seeking political science students (at all levels of scholarship) who want to improve their research skills in the following thematic areas:
- Europe SRC,
- Latin America SRC, and
- USA and Canada SRC.
SRC members enjoy benefits which include publication in POLITIKON, ELA (IAPSS’s peer reviewed academic journals), A Different View Blog (IAPSS’s academic blog), the chance to present at conferences worldwide, and the opportunity to further research and academic writing skills through constructive feedback. Additionally, there is a special aspect to this call for applications for our three regional SRCs as at this time, they will participate in Y20 (Youth Summit of G20) Consultation Sessions, reflecting on the pressing issues and challenges that the young people in these regions face while looking for ways to solve them with a group of young leaders.
Eligible candidates are people who:
- have completed at least 2 years of university education,
- have knowledge of conducting independent, original research,
- are passionate about political science and the thematic focuses of the SRCs,
- are willing to become members of IAPSS (it is not required to be a member during the application phase, however once admitted to the SRC a membership is obligatory),
- can commit a few hours per week to a fun, interesting and multicultural team.
Interested applicants should send their applications to email@example.com. A Complete application includes:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)/ Resume,
- A one-page Cover Letter indicating the SRC you’re interested in joining, the reason(s) for wanting to join and your motivation to become and SRC member at IAPSS.
For more information please do not hesitate to contact the Student Research Coordinator at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, that this is an unpaid volunteer position for university students at all levels.
We are looking forward to your applications!