The International Association for Political Science Students (IAPSS), Europe region, invites applications from suitable candidates for vacant positions on the regional team.
The regional team steers the implementation of the IAPSS Europe’s Regional Chapter Outreach Strategy in line with the vision of IAPSS Global. The team comprises of individuals from across the European continent who collectively maintain the association’s presence and visibility in the region by steering initiatives, events and programs which help in delivering sustainable academic and professional contributions to the careers of political science students and young professionals on the continent.
Are you passionate about Political Science, International Relations or any other related field?
Interested in working together with a team of highly motivated individuals?
Are you in pursuit of opportunities through which you can advocate for and execute desired transformative outcomes in the lives of young students and professionals of political science, as well as demonstrate your skills and competencies in supporting the regional growth of a global political science community?
Then apply for any of the vacant positions below. Please note that these are unpaid volunteer positions:
Projects and Events Coordinator
- Supervising IAPSS Regional Meetings in absence of the Chair
- Assisting the Chair with oversight of the Regional Chapter and its Coordinators
- Assisting the Chair with developing and implementing a regional outreach strategy in line with the vision of IAPSS Global
Projects and Events Coordinator
- Oversee all the events and projects of the Regional Chapter
- Come up with events and projects for the Regional Chapter
- Recruit team members for the Region’s project or events
- Work with the regional team in managing and coordinating all projects from drafting of the project proposal to their implementation
- Undertake other tasks as directed by the Chair
- Build a partnership database for the region that would help the Regional chapter forge partnerships within the region
- Draft partnership letters as well as partnership agreements with the Chair in line with the vision of IAPSS Global
- Registering IAPSS as a member organization of local youth forums and other student advocacy platforms
- Facilitate communications between IAPSS Europe and partnering organizations
- Support strategic partnerships by providing top-quality advice, facilitate effective knowledge management, provide technical assistance to projects
- Maintain the association’s presence in the region
- Find initiatives to promote the Regional Chapter through various media, including online social media initiatives such as posts, podcasts, blogs, or blogs project
- Coordinate with the Design and Social Media Coordinators of IAPSS Global in terms of promotional strategies and branding of the Regional Chapter
- Manage social media platforms and design engaging contents
- Update and maintain content on the Europe webpage of the IAPSS website
- Seek grant and funding opportunities that is particular to the region
- Work with the IAPSS team to develop and implement initiatives that would increase IAPSS’ visibility within Europe
- (Experience with non-profit fundraising or outreach activities is beneficial)
If you are applying for any of the above positions, you should:
- have completed or be currently enrolled in a university education, with a background in Political Science or any of its related fields
- have demonstrable experience in the position applied for
- be willing to become a member of IAPSS (should your application be successful)
- be willing to volunteer 5-10 hours per week towards the execution of tasks
To apply, kindly complete the form below and provide us with the following by 27 June 2021 (23:59 CET).
- Your CV (no longer than 2 pages).
- A short letter of motivation (no longer than 1 page) outlining why you would be a suitable candidate for the position. Please clearly state which position you are applying for.
Feel free to contact us with your queries via firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to receiving your applications.