If research is your passion, if you have experience in management, and if you would love to work with a team of student researchers, this position might be just what you need.
Apply to become the new Student Research Committees Coordinator and join the largest network of political science students in the world!
The Student Research Committees Coordinator’s work shall mainly consist of managing five (5) Student Research Committees (SRCs), which are groups of students who work together to conduct research and create academic works on a particular topic.
Key responsibilities include:
- Keeping in touch with the Chairs (and/or with the Vice-Chairs) of each SRC monthly to keep them informed about the latest news and opportunities IAPSS has to offer them;
- Assisting the SRC Director in seeking out opportunities for the SRC members such as collaboration and research internships;
- Being available online and responding on time to any questions or concerns communicated through IAPSS email and Slack of not only the Chairs/Vice-Chairs but also any SRC member or IAPSS team member within 48 hours;
- Assisting in the oversight of the monthly posts of A Different View‘s SRC Blog and, in consultation with SRC Director, provide a structure for a peer-review mechanism between and within the SRCs. Both SRC Coordinators and the SRC Director should list the publications and reviews done by the SRC members to evaluate the outcomes yearly;
- Managing the respective Calls for Applications for new members of their SRCs and evaluate SRC applications in collaboration with the SRC director;
- Assisting in restructuring SRCs as necessary;
- Assisting the SRC director in creating weekly SRC newsletters;
- Dedicating at an average of 10 hours each week to IAPSS activities.
This is an unpaid volunteer position. All applicants must have a valid IAPSS membership. Applications should be submitted by November 25, 2019 at 23:59 via the online form below or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any questions about the position, please contact IAPSS SRC Director Melis Kırtıllı at email@example.com.
|Job Category||Organisational Work|