The International Association for Political Science Students (IAPSS), Africa region, invites Country Coordinators from across the African Continent.
Country Coordinators are representatives of the IAPSS Africa Regional team steering the global agenda and outreach strategy of IAPSS Global in respective African countries.
Are you passionate about youth mobilization and impact on extensive levels in your country?
Interested in contributing to the expansion of young peoples’ capacities and the maximization of their potentials?
Are you in pursuit of opportunities through which you can advocate for and execute desired transformative outcomes in the lives of young students and professionals of political science, as well as demonstrate your skills and competencies in driving sustainable solutions on the African Continent?
Then apply for the Country coordinator position for your country. Please note that this is an unpaid volunteer position. Position vacant in the following countries:
Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic (CAR), Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of Congo, Republic of the Cote d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini (formerly Swaziland), Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zimbabwe.
- Liaise with political science associations and departments of national universities in enhancing scholarly development
- Create campus clubs that engage high school and undergraduate students in cultivating interest in Political Science through regular events
- Appoint Campus ambassadors that steer campus club activities across the university space
- Create mentorship schemes for interested students with young professionals in developing capabilities and widening career choices
- Create a vibrant national leadership team in decentralizing IAPSS Africa regional outreach for productive results
- Leverage the digital space in promoting and enriching political science programs to students through innovative activities
If you are applying for the position, you should:
- have completed or be currently enrolled in a university education, with a background in Political Science or any of its related fields
- have demonstrable leadership and youth-engagement experience
- be willing to become a member of IAPSS (should your application be successful)
- be willing to volunteer 5-10 hours per week towards the execution of tasks
To apply, kindly complete the form below and provide us with the following by 10 July 2021:
- Your CV (no longer than 2 pages).
- A short covering letter (no longer than 1 page) outlining why you would be a suitable candidate for the position.
Note: Application for Country Coordinators is on a rolling basis. Applications will not be accepted after the position is filled in the country you apply to.
Feel free to contact us with your queries via email@example.com
We look forward to receiving your applications.