Are you a political science student? Are you passionate about studying issues that relate to Africa and the MENA region? Are you looking to enhance your research skills and join a global network of young researchers? Then look no further! The Student Research Committee (SRC) on the Africa and MENA region at the International Association of Political Science Students (IAPSS) is looking for you!
The Africa and MENA SRC consists of like-minded individuals working to promote critical Afro-centric research and debates. Members of the SRC work both collectively and independently to enhance their own research portfolio, build networks with other young scholars in the region and around the world, present their research at international platforms and contribute to achieving the general objectives of IAPSS in Africa. In addition, SRC members are afforded preferential opportunities to publish their work in the IAPSS peer-reviewed academic journal, POLITIKON, and on the IAPSS online student blog, A Different View. SRC members may also be asked to represent the committee at various online academic platforms and meetings that further the objectives of IAPSS in the region. Please note, that this is an unpaid volunteer position for university students at all levels.
We are looking for people who:
- have completed at least 2 years of university education and are still currently registered as a university student
- have some knowledge and experience in conducting independent, original research and/or writing on political science topics
- are passionate about Africa and MENA region issues
- are willing to become a member of IAPSS (it is not required to be a member during the application phase, however once admitted to the SRC membership is obligatory)
- can commit to at least one monthly SRC meeting with the SRC team via conference calls software
- can commit to spending a few hours a week on SRC-related projects and tasks
To Apply please complete the form below and provide us with the following by 31 January 2021:
- Your CV (no longer than 2 pages);
- A short letter of motivation (approx. 1 page) outlining the reasons you chose to apply to join the SRC and what you hope to achieve by being a member;
- A short sample of your written work on a relevant Africa or MENA region related topic (e.g., short essay, article, research paper, Op-Ed etc.)
For more information please do not hesitate to contact the SRC team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking forward to your applications!
For more information check out the academic section of IAPSS: https://www.iapss.org/wp/academics/