Become our new Co-Chairperson for IAPSS USA and Canada!
…passionate about international affairs and leading a team of highly motivated individuals? Dedicated to supporting the regional growth of a global political science student community? And cannot get enough from working in international environments? Then you should apply to be the next Co-Chair of IAPSS USA and Canada! Join the largest network of political science students worldwide with six regional chapters and various projects that you can manage and develop independently!
Internally, we are a team of highly dedicated students and junior professionals devoted to making an impact on a global scale. We look for individuals motivated to move mountains and thereby bringing together political science students worldwide to shape the future.
- Training and professional development by experienced volunteers;
- Exposure to high-level multinational organizations and institutions;
- Exposure to the development of legal documents such as Memorandums of Understanding (MoU);
- Exposure to the widely-used digital platform Slack;
- Access to an extensive alumni network that can fire up your career in political science and related professional fields;
- A volunteering certificate;
- A truly flexible and self-organizing work environment with colleagues worldwide.
You would work together with the Chair of IAPSS USA and Canada and your regional team which you are leading independently together with the Chair. A high degree of autonomy is offered so can you easily prioritize the workload yourself. While your position is a leadership position in your region, you are also responsible for communications with IAPSS Global. Your core area of work will be to continuously develop and consolidate the regional work of the association in IAPSS USA and Canada.
Your skills and experiences
- Independent in your work ethics: we are specifically looking for proactive people who anticipate problems and solve them before they occur;
- Availability for around 10-15 hours per week;
- Working experience in INGOs;
- Communicative skills within both formal discussions and informal conversations;
- Excellent oral and written skills in English.
- You have to hold an IAPSS membership (can be purchased upon becoming part of the team).
- Preference will be given to applicants from the United States.
- You are a volunteer! This is not a paid position.
Do you see yourself in this position? Even if you don’t match the description in every aspect, we would be happy if you get in touch with us. We are looking for forward-thinking people that are driven by making an impact and believe that everybody can do that!
If you have any questions, please drop a message to Oleksii Zahreba — your future colleague and Chair of IAPSS USA and Canada at email@example.com
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed and the applicants will be contacted once the position is filled.