…passionate about management? Experienced in strategic planning? Passionate about Academic Affairs? Have excellent oral and written English skills? Then, you should apply to be the next Deputy Head of Academic Affairs!
Internally, we are a team of highly dedicated students and junior professionals devoted to making an impact on a global scale. We look for individuals motivated to move mountains, and thereby, bring together political science students worldwide to shape the future.
- Management training and professional development by experienced volunteers,
- Academic consultations with your colleagues,
- Exposure to high-level organisations,
- Access to an extensive alumni network that can fire up your career in political science and related professional fields,
- A truly flexible and self-organizing work environment with colleagues worldwide,
- Experience working with a non-profit with a global mandate and reach
- Building a network of international contacts in academia,
- Opportunities to participate in IAPSS events and initiatives that make a difference in the lives of political science students around the globe,
- A wealth of learning opportunities and practical experience in highly employable skills and competencies in the fields of research, non-profit management and legislation, political science education, and public administration,
- The opportunity to contribute to one of the last surviving international student governments on the planet that liaises with organizations including, but not limited to, the International Political Science Association (IPSA), the International Studies Association (ISA), the European Consortium for Political Research (ECPR), and UNESCO.
You will work together with the Vice President for Academic Affairs. The Academic Department consists of multiple branches such as the ADV Blog, Student Research Committees, Academic Committee, Politikon and Encuentro Latinoamericano Journals. Your core area of work will be supporting the Vice President for Academic Affairs with the strategic development of the Academic Department and management processes. Your tasks include taking minutes at the Academic Department meetings, attending meetings with members of the Academic Department in multiple time zones, helping with the calls of the Academic Department, and regularly providing a list of academic opportunities.
Your skills and experiences
- Good communicative skills,
- Independent in your work ethics: we are looking for a proactive team member who is reliable and flexible in regards to the work in a highly international environment with a strong intercultural competence,
- Group coordination and relational skills,
- Availability for around 10 hours per week and availability on IAPSS internal communications channels daily and responding to messages within at least 48 hours,
- Excellent oral and written skills in English.
It is beneficial if candidates also have:
- Experience with academic research,
- Participated in at least one international academic conference,
- Experience with the coordination of academic or non-academic groups,
- Knowledge of the project management application Slack or an equivalent program,
- Experience with Google Drive,
- Experience with working remotely.
- You must be a member of IAPSS during the time you hold the position.
- You are a volunteer! This is not a paid position.
Do you see yourself in this position? Even if you do not match the description in every aspect, we would be happy if you get in touch with us. We are looking for forward-thinking people that are driven by making an impact and believe that everybody can do that!
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a Skype interview. If you have any questions or inquiries, please send an email to the Vice President for Academic Affairs, Melis Kirtilli at email@example.com.
You will be in charge of managing the Academic Committee, responsible for reviewing and evaluation of IAPSS academic products (conference abstracts, papers).
- Awareness about rules and procedures for evaluation of academic papers;