Become our Head Research Coordinator at IAPSS Asia!
Deadline: 30th October 2020
… always had a knack for academic affairs? Interested in putting your research skills to shape projects with international reach and an international team? Then the Head Research Coordinator position at IAPSS Asia might be right for you! Join the largest network of political science students worldwide with six regional chapters!
Internally, we are a team of highly dedicated students and junior professionals devoted to making an impact on a global scale. We look for individuals motivated to move mountains and thereby bring together political science students worldwide to shape the future.
- Training and professional development by experienced volunteers;
- Exposure to international conference management;
- Leadership opportunities working in international teams and networking with prominent partner organizations;
- Exposure to the widely-used digital platform Slack;
- Access to an exclusive alumni network that can boost your career in communications, public relations, advocacy, international organizations, political science and related professional fields;
- A volunteering certificate;
- A truly flexible and self-organizing work environment with colleagues worldwide
During the current mandate, you would work under the Regional Chair, IAPSS Asia, in order to work on research for different projects, events and seminars. As we organize programs like regional conferences, study trips, seminars, podcasts in addition to our annual World Congress, you would have to ensure all our work is academically strong.
- Independent and proactive work ethic;
- Cultural competence, ability to work in cross-cultural contexts;
- Leadership experience;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and through challenges;
- Excellent oral and written skills in English.
It is beneficial if candidates also have:
- Experience with academic research,
- Participated in at least one international academic conference,
- Experience with the coordination of academic or non-academic groups,
- Knowledge of the project management application Slack or an equivalent program,
- Experience with Google Drive,
- Experience with working remotely
- Previous participation in an IAPSS program is an asset;
- If selected for the position, you must hold an IAPSS membership.
See yourself in this position? We are looking for creative, innovative and forward-thinking people who are driven to make an impact! Feel free to contact the Chair of IAPSS Asia by email if you have any questions.
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed and the applicants will be contacted once the position is filled.