Become our new IAPSS Asia Liaison coordinator!
Deadline: 20th July 2020
…passionate about international affairs? Dedicated towards bringing together different regional and global actors? And cannot get enough from working within international environments? Then you should apply to be the next IAPSS Asia’s Liaison Coordinator! Join the largest network of political science students worldwide with six regional chapters and various projects that you can manage and develop independently!
Internally, we are a team of highly dedicated students and junior professionals devoted to make an impact on a global scale. We look for individuals motivated to move mountains and thereby bringing together political science students worldwide to shape the future.
- Training and professional development by experienced volunteers;
- Exposure to high-level multinational organisations and institutions;
- Exposure to the development of legal documents such as Memorandums of Understanding (MoU);
- Access to an extensive alumni network that can fire up your career in political science and related professional fields;
- A volunteering certificate;
- A truly flexible and self-organizing work environment with colleagues worldwide.
You would work together with your IAPSS Asia team and the Director for International Cooperation of IAPSS Global. A high degree of autonomy is offered so can you easily prioritise the workload yourself. You will be the coordinator connecting involved colleagues for fundraising, management, and international cooperation in the organisation, including the Council of Regions and work on national and local level. Your core area of work will be to source new partnerships with various organisations and institutions in collaboration with your Chair in the region.
Your skills and experiences
- Independent in your work ethics: we are specifically looking for proactive people who anticipate problems and solve them before they occur;
- Availability for around 10 hours per week;
- Working experience in INGOs;
- Communicative skills within both formal discussions and informal conversations;
- Excellent oral and written skills in English.
- You must be a member of IAPSS during the time you hold the position.
- You are a volunteer! This is no paid position.
Do you see yourself in this position? Even if you don’t match the description in every aspect, we would be happy if you get in touch with us. We are looking for forward-thinking people that are driven by making an impact and believe that everybody can do that!
If you have any questions, please drop a message to your future colleague and Chair of IAPSS Asia via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed before final selection.