Become one of our new IAPSS Latin America Media Coordinator!
Deadline: 22 September 2019
You are…social media savvy? Intrigued by the idea of improving IAPSS’ presence in the digital sphere? And interested in acquiring new skills in an international community for political science students and junior researchers? Then you should apply to be our new IAPSS Latin America Media Coordinator! Join the largest network of political science students worldwide with six regional chapters!
Internally, we are a team of highly dedicated students and junior professionals devoted to make an impact on a global scale. We look for individuals motivated to move mountains and thereby bringing together political science students worldwide to shape the future.
- Training and professional development by experienced volunteers;
- Exposure to global campaigning online;
- Exposure to different social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, LinkedIn;
- Exposure to the widely-used digital platform Slack;
- Access to an exclusive alumni network that can boost your career in communications, public relations, advocacy, international organizations, political science and related professional fields;
- A volunteering certificate;
- A truly flexible and self-organizing work environment with colleagues worldwide.
During the current mandate, you would work within the IAPSS Latin America team and get insights into different working areas. The IAPSS Latin America ensures that IAPSS engages digitally with its followers and members, distributes calls, and opportunities, drafts and implements communication strategies, designs graphics and booklets, conducts capacity-building trainings within IAPSS on social media usage, and coordinates that IAPSS speaks with one voice. The Social Media Coordinators’ tasks distribution is flexible and will be adjusted to skills and wishes by the appointed volunteers.
- Independent in your work ethics:
- We are specifically looking for proactive people who understand the political aspect of digital communications;
- Availability for around 10 hours per week;
- Working experience in international organisations and familiarity with communications is an asset;
- Experience in the field of social media analysis in an asset;
- Collaborative approach in internal and external communications;
- Design skills an asset;
- Excellent skills in English.
- You must be a member of IAPSS during the time you hold the position.
- You are a volunteer. This is a no paid position.
Do you see yourself in this position? Even if you don’t match the description in every aspect, we would be happy if you get in touch with us. We are looking for forward-thinking people that are driven by making an impact and believe that everybody can do that!
If you have any questions, please drop a message to your future colleague and Vice President for Regional Affairs, Rose Smith via e-mail.
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed and the applicants will be contacted once the position is filled.
1 IAPSS is a community of political science students. However, we appreciate the diversity and reality of politics and political science. We welcome applications from all related disciplines including business, gender studies, law or environmental sciences. You are currently not enrolled because you are for example in a gap year between your Masters and your PhD? No problem: the enrollment in a university program is no disqualifier for the position.
|Job Category||Social Media|