Deadline: 20 January 2020
Review abstracts and papers submitted for the IAPSS World Congress 2020 and take the first steps towards a successful academic career
What is a conference without papers? In order to make the IAPSS World Congress 2020 in Vienna a success, it is important that the program is filled with quality content. Whether that quality is delivered is not just up to the respective authors’ hard work. Excellent reviewing is the foundation on which an engaging conference is built. This is where you come in! Are you curious? Passionate about quality research? With an eye for quality writing? And do you want to lay the foundations not just for the World Congress, but for your own career as well? Then do not hesitate to apply to be one of the academic reviewers for the IAPSS World Congress 2020.
This is a temporary position in which you work together with the IAPSS Academic Committee. This Committee is responsible for reviewing and evaluating IAPSS academic products such as abstracts and conference papers. You will make sure the academic standards of IAPSS are upheld through careful assessment of the abstracts and papers we receive for the World Congress. The first round of reviews assesses the quality of the abstracts submitted for the conference. Here you decide whether an abstract can be a fitting contribution to the conference, based on your own skills and expertise and the IAPSS guidelines. The second stage takes place two months later, when the full papers are submitted. Here you will decide whether an author has lived up the promise of the abstract, and if their submission is a strong contribution to the conference. Your input is important for making the World Congress a huge success, but former reviewers have found their experience to be beneficial for themselves as well. Your experiences can improve your own research skills and allow you to hone your inner reviewer. This will greatly aid you on your way to becoming a researcher, a reviewer or many other writing-focused jobs.
Your skills and experiences
- You are a postgraduate student;
- You are able to meet deadlines, in the run-up towards the conference, there are a lot of abstracts and papers that have to be reviewed before strict deadlines;
- Awareness about rules and procedures for evaluation of academic papers;
- Past experience in reviewing abstracts and papers is a plus;
- Excellent English skills;
- You are a team player.
- You must be a member of IAPSS during the time you hold the position.
- This is a temporary position, created for the World Congress, but you are certainly welcome to stay on longer if you like the job!
- You are a volunteer! This is not a paid position.
Do you see yourself in this position? Even if you don’t match the description in every aspect, we would be happy if you get in touch with us.
If you have any questions, please drop a message to your future colleague Rolf Nijmeijer through firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Job Category||Authoring and Reviewing|