Become our new IAPSS Oceania Projects Officer!
Deadline: 10 August, 2020
… an avid and organized planner? Interested in giving students a platform to share their ideas? And interested in working in an international team? Then the Project Officer position for IAPSS Oceania might be right for you! Join the largest network of political science students worldwide with six regional chapters!
Internally, we are a team of highly dedicated students and junior professionals devoted to making an impact on a global scale. We look for individuals motivated to move mountains and thereby bring together political science students worldwide to shape the future.
- Training and professional development by experienced volunteers;
- Exposure to international conference management;
- Leadership opportunities working in international teams and networking with prominent partner organizations;
- Exposure to the widely-used digital platform Slack;
- Access to an exclusive alumni network that can boost your career in communications, public relations, advocacy, international organizations, political science and related professional fields;
- A volunteering certificate;
- A truly flexible and self-organizing work environment with colleagues worldwide
You will work with the Project & Events Manager in organising events with experts in the industry on issues related to political science. This can include professors, politicians, students, and public officials. We expect that you will contribute ideas about various events and the topics which the Project Manager will incorporate into planning. You would be expected to be creative in curating various types of events to cater to the needs and interests of political science students today.
- Independent and proactive work ethic;
- Cultural competence, ability to work in cross-cultural contexts;
- Leadership and event planning experience;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and through challenges;
- Fluency in English.
- Willingness to dedicate 10 hours per week to the role;
- If selected for the position, you must hold an IAPSS membership.
See yourself in this position? We are looking for creative, innovative and forward-thinking people who are driven to make an impact! If you have any questions, feel free to drop a message to the
Oceania Chair, Mitchell McIntosh via email@example.com
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed and the applicants will be contacted once the position is filled.
 IAPSS is a community of political science students. However, we appreciate the diversity and reality of politics and political science. We welcome applications from all related disciplines including business, gender studies, law or environmental sciences. You are currently not enrolled because you are for example in a gap year between your Masters and your PhD? No problem: the enrollment in a university program is no disqualifier for the position.