Become our new Secretary in IAPSS Oceania
Deadline: 10 August, 2020
… an organised and thorough individual? Interested in facilitating a range of events and activities? maintaining internal documents and records? And most importantly working in an international team? Then the Secretary position for IAPSS Oceania might be right for you! Join the largest network of political science students worldwide with six regional chapters!
Internally, we are a team of highly dedicated students and junior professionals devoted to making an impact on a global scale. We look for individuals motivated to move mountains and thereby bring together political science students worldwide to shape the future.
- Training and professional development by experienced volunteers;
- Exposure to international conference management;
- Leadership opportunities working in international teams and networking with prominent partner organizations;
- Exposure to the widely-used digital platform Slack;
- Access to an exclusive alumni network that can boost your career in communications, public relations, advocacy, international organizations, political science, and related professional fields;
- A volunteering certificate;
- A truly flexible and self-organizing work environment with colleagues worldwide
During the current mandate, you would work under the Regional Chair in order ensure meetings are effectively organised and minuted, facilitate communication and logistical arrangements within the team, assist in maintaining legal obligations, and draft documents and correspondence with world-renowned academics, public officials, and international experts.
You will work closely with all members of the team, having a hand in all elements of initiatives, programs, and events completed by the regional team. You would be expected to develop new and creative ideas on how to increase the efficiency and quality of work completed by the team as a whole.
Your skills and experience
- Independent and proactive work ethic;
- Cultural competence, ability to work in cross-cultural contexts;
- Leadership and effective administration experience;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and through challenges;
- Fluency in English. (Additional linguistic skills are a plus).
- You have to hold an IAPSS membership (can be purchased upon becoming part of the team).
- You are a volunteer! This is not a paid position.
Do you see yourself in this position? Even if you don’t match the description in every aspect, we would be happy if you get in touch with us. We are looking for forward-thinking people that are driven by making an impact and believe that everybody can do that!
If you have any questions, please drop a message to Mitchell McIntosh — your future colleague and Chair of IAPSS USA and Canada at email@example.com
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed, and the applicants will be contacted once the position is filled.