What is CPSSA?
The Canadian Political Science Students’ Association (CPSSA/AÉSPC) is a non-profit organization run by undergraduate students studying in Canada. Every year, the CPSSA/AÉSPC held a conference that allowed students from coast to coast to come together to share knowledge and perspectives on themes within the discipline of Political science. In addition to the conference, the organization publishes its own undergraduate journal called “Expressions”, and develops a “Graduate Guide” for students who require guidance over graduate programs.
- To develop and deliver a program of IAPPS & CPSSA initiatives for Canadian Students.
- To collect data and develop reports relating to CPSSA and student group partnerships.
- To represent CPSSA and IAPPS at external school and college events throughout Canada.
- Deliver high-quality presentations about the University and other aspects of higher education both on and off-campus.
- Plan, deliver and evaluate workshops that showcase IAPPS and CPSSA.
- To liaise and network with teachers and careers professionals to develop effective relationships to meet departments and political student associations.
- To liaise with academic and professional staff within faculties regarding the delivery of Outreach and conversion activities of Political studies departments.
You must be a member of IAPSS and residing in Canada during the time you hold the position (all IAPSS members in Canada are automatically considered members of CPSSA).
As we are all volunteers, this is a non-paid position.
Do you see yourself in this position? Even if you don’t match the description in every aspect, we would be happy if you get in touch with us. We are looking for creative, innovative and forward-thinking people who are driven by making an impact! Feel free to contact the President of CPSSA Patricia Kumbakisaka at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed and the applicants will be contacted once the position is filled.
The application should include a CV and a letter of motivation (no longer than 2 pages). Apply directly on the website or send it to email@example.com