Individual Membership – 1 Year
Individual Membership – 1 Year
Prices range: €10.00 – €15.00
Individuals have a central role within IAPSS. Not only do they have voting rights at the General Assemblies and can thus actively shape the future of IAPSS, they also benefit from our broad range of services. IAPSS is the largest and only international representation of political science students on the globe. Join to be part of our association and get access to all of these benefits. Individual membership comes at 10 or 15EUR per year, depending on your country of residence.
Students residing in Europe, Russia, Turkey, United States, Canada, Australia, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Singapore & Israel: 15EUR.
Students residing in other countries: 10EUR.
Scroll Down for More Information
Individual members have a central role within IAPSS. Not only do they have voting rights at the General Assemblies and can thus actively shape the future of our organization, but they also benefit from our broad range of services. IAPSS is the largest and only international representation of political science students on the globe. Join to be part of our association and get access to all of these benefits:
- Priority access to the IAPSS World Congress, the IAPSS Academic Convention, IAPSS study trips and the IAPSS Summer School and Winter School;
- Preferential access to our two journals POLITIKON and Encuentro Latinoamericano, as well as our blog, A Different View;
- Run for IAPSS’ elected positions and apply for volunteer positions listed on our Get involved page;
- Join or create an IAPSS Research Committee to research a topic with other students and co-publish your work;
- Voting rights at IAPSS General Assemblies;
- Take part in one of the IAPSS Delegations to international renowned political science conferences, such as the IPSA World Congress, the ISA Annual Convention and the ECPR General Conference;
- Opportunities to participate in events and initiatives of IAPSS Regional Chapters on each continent;
- Contribute to IAPSS’ advocacy initiatives to improve the quality of political science education across the world.
Is there something else you think IAPSS should offer? Reach out to one of our Executive Committee members or submit a motion to email@example.com for the next General Assembly after purchasing your membership.
Additionally, IAPSS offers IAPSS-IPSA Joint Individual Membership. We encourage you to become a member of the largest professional association for political scientists. IPSA Student Membership can be purchased directly at this website. The benefits of IPSA Student Membership are as follows:
- Subscription to the electronic version (archives included) of the International Political Science Review (IPSR) (five per year) via the Sage Publications’ website.
- Subscription to Participation, the IPSA bulletin.
- Free monthly e-newsletter.
- Access to the IPSA Portal of Political Science (search engine with website reviews).
- Optional subscription to International Political Science Abstracts at a reduced price. Subscriptions include all six issues published during the calendar year.
- Join a community numbering thousands of political scientists worldwide by collaborating and/or working with one of 50 IPSA Research Committees.
- Participate in exclusive IPSA events around the world.
- Reduced fee at joint events.
- Opportunities to compete for IPSA awards and travel grants for the World Congress of Political Science.
Web and other services
- Post your CV or resumé on a personalized profile page available to members in the Members Directory and to media in the Specialist Registry.
- Access the online Members Directory, ideal for contacting colleagues around the world and a major source of invitations to professional opportunities.
- Promote your books and events, and post a call for papers, job openings, awards and much more on the IPSA website and in its e-newsletter.
- Access the IPSA online paper room.
- Online resources offered exclusively to members.
- Discount to IPSA members on subscriptions to Journal of Power.
- 25% discount on all SAGE Publications titles.
- 20% discount on all Oxford University Press titles in the areas of politics and international relations.
- 30% discount on all MIT Press titles in the areas of international relations and security studies.