Deadline for application submissions: 18 November 2017 (23:59 CET)
The IAPSS Executive Committee is hereby launching a Call for Candidates for the position of the Head of IAPSS Convention in the Executive Committee in the 2017-2018 Association year.
Do you want to be part of the Executive Committee, thus having a chance to shape the Association’s future on virtually a daily basis? Would you like to be the main IAPSS representative in charge of one of the largest conferences for students and junior researchers in Political Science and related disciplines? It is a substantial responsibility with high workload, but a most rewarding experience for many different career paths. We look forward to your candidatures!
Deadline for Applications: Saturday, 18 November 2017, 23:59 CET
(1) A resume including reference to a) your studies, b) your academic and/or professional experiences relevant for the applied position, c) your overall academic experiences, d) your language skills, e) your personal data, and f) personal references (optional).
(2) A cover letter of 1-2 pages stating a) your personal motivation for applying for the position, b) a detailed description of at least two experiences relevant for the applied position, c) the integration of the applied position into your daily life, d) your previous experiences within IAPSS (if applicable).
(*) All documents should be sent as .pdf files to firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline.
Duration of the mandate: December 1, 2017 (scheduled) – May 31, 2018.
(1) Applications submitted later than 18 November 2017, 23:59 CET, and incomplete applications will not be considered.
(2) For the position, it is beneficial if candidates have (i) experience with event management, (ii) advanced coordination and management skills, and (iii) understanding of the major features of an academic conference and (iv) understanding of the functioning of promotional networks.
(3) All positions are, as all positions within IAPSS, voluntary and unpaid, and executed on the basis of a signed volunteering agreement. The expected workload is around 20 hours per week. In addition, valid IAPSS membership is a necessary condition for occupying the position during the whole duration of the mandate.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a Skype interview. The installment is scheduled to take place on December 1.
Please do not hesitate to contact us in case of further questions or inquiries.
The IAPSS Executive Committee
 There is a possibility to re-apply for the position for the regular term of 2018-2019. The General Assembly elects the members of the ExCom for the regular term from among the candidates.
 The destination for the IAPSS Convention 2018 will be determined by the ExCom in December 2017. The views of the Head of IAPSS Convention will be taken into account in the decision-making process.