Deadline for application submissions: 28 February 2018 (23:59 CET)
The IAPSS Executive Committee is hereby launching a Call for Candidates for the position of the IAPSS Secretary-General in the Executive Committee in the 2017-2018 Association year.
Would you like to be part of the Executive Committee, thus having a chance to shape the Association’s future on virtually a daily basis? Would you like to be one of the IAPSS legal representatives who is the main first contact for all external inquiries to IAPSS? It is a substantial responsibility with high workload, but a most rewarding experience for many different career paths. We look forward to your candidatures!
Application Procedure & Requirements
Deadline for Applications: Wednesday, 28 February 2018, 23:59 CET
Required Documentation for Application:
(1) A resume including reference to a) your studies, b) your academic and/or professional experiences relevant for the applied position, c) your overall academic experiences, d) your language skills, e) your personal data, and f) personal references (optional).
(2) A cover letter of 1-2 pages stating a) your personal motivation for applying for the position, b) a detailed description of at least two experiences relevant for the applied position, c) the integration of the applied position into your daily life, d) your previous experiences within IAPSS (if applicable).
(*) All documents should be sent as .pdf files to email@example.com before the deadline.
Duration of the mandate: March 13, 2018 (scheduled) – May 31, 2018.
(1) Applications submitted later than 28 February 2018, 23:59 CET, and incomplete applications will not be considered.
(2) The position-holder will become one of the legal representatives of the Association and will need to register with the Chamber of Commerce of the Netherlands (assistance will be provided).
(3) For the position, it is beneficial if candidates have (i) advanced-level English skills, (ii) advanced coordination and management skills, (iii) basic knowledge of or interest in legal principles and (iv) experience with minute-taking.
(4) All positions are, as all positions within IAPSS, voluntary and unpaid, and executed on the basis of a signed volunteering agreement. The expected workload is around 20 hours per week. In addition, valid IAPSS membership is a necessary condition for occupying the position during the whole duration of the mandate.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a Skype interview. The installment is scheduled to take place on March 13.
Please do not hesitate to contact us in case of further questions or inquiries.
The IAPSS Executive Committee
International Association for Political Science Students (IAPSS)
Postbox 9108 | 6500HK Nijmegen | The Netherlands
www.iapss.org | www.facebook.com/iapss | www.twitter.com/iapss