Call for Applications
Membership and Promotion Campaign Coordinator
of the International Association for Political Science Students (IAPSS)
Deadline: March 15, 2018, at 23:59 CET
The International Association for Political Science Students is launching a Call for Applications for a Membership and Promotion Campaign Coordinator. This is a position within the IAPSS International Cooperation and Public Relations Department and will be in charge of various tasks related to the public outreach of the Association. Responsibilities range from the conceptualization, management and continuous development of the membership campaign to promotion, public relations, communication strategies and other online representations of IAPSS.
The position requires:
- a high degree of mutual responsibility, motivation, self-initiative and dedication, combined with reliability and flexibility with regards to the work in a highly international environment with a strong intercultural competence;
- excellent command of the English language (spoken and written);
- current or recent enrollment in a political science or related program (of any educational level incl. undergraduate or graduate studies or a PhD position);
- strong communication skills with an extensive understanding of creativity, the various facets of public relations and digital means of communication;
- experience in and willingness to work with a high degree of organizational and conceptual freedom, but punctual and committed to adhere to work-related frameworks.
It is beneficial if candidates have:
- experience with organizational promotion; and/or
- social media management; and/or
- experience with mail campaign software (especially Mailchimp), WordPress and other content management systems (CMS).
The official name of the position shall be Membership Campaign Coordinator and this
position will have the following responsibilities:
- conceptualization, documentation and implementation of the membership campaign of IAPSS in cooperation with other IAPSS departments;
- coordination, development, improvement and promotion of the Ambassadors Program;
- updating the website as well as the social media channel with information from our ambassadors;
- researching for potential Association Members, linking it to the work of the ambassadors;
- assisting the Head of the Department, the Media Coordinator and the Social Media Coordinator in the development of promotional and social media strategies, in cooperation with the other departments as well;
- assisting the Media and Social Media Coordinator in the maintenance and continuous update of content for IAPSS social media pages in Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIN;
- assisting the Website Coordinator by proofreading the content of the IAPSS Website in consultation with all the departments.
Framework of the position:
The position is – as all other positions within IAPSS – unpaid and extends until mutual satisfaction of the position-holder and the IAPSS Board and Executive Committee. In addition, occupying the position implies that you are a member of IAPSS at the moment of your instalment and during your whole term as Membership Campaign and Promotion Coordinator. Therefore, if you are not already a member you will be required to purchase membership in case of acceptance. The expected workload of the position is around 10-12 hours per week.
Benefits of the position:
- Membership in the Board of the world’s largest international association representing students of political science and related disciplines;
- partial or full (budget allowing) reimbursement of travel expenses to IAPSS events and meetings with partners (subject to approval by the IAPSS Executive Committee);
- valuable work experience for future career in media, public communication or management;
- contribution to the strengthening of equal opportunities for professional and personal growth of students of social sciences from all over the world, regardless of their financial situation;
- certificate of recognition or letter of recommendation by the Head of IAPSS ICPR Department upon responsible fulfilment of assigned tasks.
Does this job appeal to you? Then apply NOW!
Please send your CV and a letter of motivation (max. 2 pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 15, 2018 at 23:59 CET.
All applicants will be notified within 7 working days from March 15, 2018 at 23:59 CET. Selected candidates will be invited for a Skype interview.
Please do not hesitate to contact us in case of further questions or inquiries.
On behalf of the IAPSS Executive Committee,
Belén Coya Cruz
Head of International Cooperation and Public Relations Department
International Association for Political Science Students (IAPSS)
Postbox 9108 | 6500HK Nijmegen | The Netherlands
www.iapss.org | www.facebook.com/iapss | www.twitter.com/iapss