Deadline for Application Submissions: 13 May 2018
Call for Applications
for the position of
Student Research Committees Coordinator
of the International Association for Political Science Students (IAPSS)
The International Association for Political Science Students (IAPSS) is launching a Call for Applications for Student Research Committees Coordinator. The SRC Coordinator will work within the IAPSS Academic Department and will be responsible for various tasks related to the coordination of IAPSS Student Research Committees. Responsibilities include:
- general management and continuous development of the Student Research Committees (SRCs), based on the guidelines for IAPSS SRCs;
- overseeing the process of elections of SRC Chairs and Vice-Chairs, ensuring the adherence to the Guidelines for Elections of SRC Chairs and Vice-Chairs;
- in cooperation with the SRC Chairs and Vice-Chairs, selection of new SRC members based on the application procedure in place, and management of the Call for Applications for members of SRCs;
- consultations on research topics and research outcomes (articles, conference papers) with SRC members;
- planning of the participation of SRCs at IAPSS and other conferences, in cooperation with the IAPSS Delegations Coordinator, IAPSS Academic Coordinator, or the Head of the Academic Department (as applicable);
- coordination of the cooperation between SRCs and Research Committees of the International Political Science Association (IPSA), as well as with other associations (such as Standing Groups of the European Consortium for Political Research (ECPR)), upon agreement;
- promoting the outcomes of the SRCs’ work through IAPSS and external channels, including coordination of participation of SRCs in the IAPSS Membership Campaign;
- regularly and actively participating at the meetings of the Academic Department and the IAPSS Board meetings;
- other tasks assigned by the Head of the Academic Department or the IAPSS Executive Committee in a reasonable manner.
The position requires:
- a high degree of mutual responsibility, motivation, self-initiative and dedication, combined with reliability and flexibility with regards to the work in a highly international environment with a strong intercultural competence;
- readiness to devote at least eight hours per week during one year (June 2018 – May 2019) to the execution of the various tasks that come together with the position;
- excellent command of the English language (spoken and written);
- current enrolment in a political science or related programme (of any educational level incl. undergraduate or graduate studies or a PhD position);
- strong communication skills;
- experience in and willingness to work with a high degree of organizational and conceptual freedom, but punctual and committed to adhere to work-related frameworks.
It is beneficial if candidates have:
- experience with academic research;
- experience with the coordination of academic or non-academic working groups.
Framework of the Position
The position is – as all other positions within IAPSS – voluntary and unpaid, and applies for the legislative mandate of the Association from June 1, 2018 to May 31, 2019, with a potential of renewal for the next term in May 2019 in case of mutual satisfaction with the executed tasks and responsibilities. Costs and expenses related to the execution of the position (e.g. for travel, accommodation, public transport) are covered by IAPSS. Participation in the board meeting connected to the IAPSS World Congress in spring 2019 is strongly encouraged and the related costs to a given limit are covered.
Apply until 13 May 2018!
Occupying the position implies that you are a member of IAPSS at the moment of your installment. IAPSS membership embraces a wide range of benefits and services and comes at a student-friendly rate of either 10 or 15 EUR p.a. depending on your country of origin. Discounted rates are available for two-year memberships.
Please send your CV and a letter of motivation (max. 1 page, referring to your experience, skills, interests, and plans related to the development and promotion of IAPSS SRCs) to email@example.com no later than 13 May 2018.
All applicants will be notified within 7 working days from May 13. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a Skype interview. The installment will take place on June 1.
Please do not hesitate to contact us in case of further questions or inquiries.
On behalf of the IAPSS Executive Committee
Vice President and Head of the Academic Department
International Association for Political Science Students (IAPSS)
Nijmegen | The Netherlands
www.iapss.org | www.facebook.com/iapss | www.twitter.com/iapss