Call for Applications
Events Fundraising Coordinator
of the International Association for Political Science Students (IAPSS)
Deadline for Applications: July 24, 2018
The International Association for Political Science Students (IAPSS) – the largest international organization representing students of political science students worldwide – offers unique opportunities for students and junior researchers to grow professionally and personally in a global network. In order to extend the chance to gain valuable experience and contacts to students regardless of their financial situation or country of origin, we aim for increasing the funds to cover participation, travel and accommodation costs for selected IAPSS events.
Would you like to be the person who makes it possible for students of political science and related disciplines to gain such an experience? Are you motivated to work in an engaged team within the IAPSS Board, particularly together with the Head of the Events Department and the Fundraising Coordinator of the Association on submitting carefully-designed grant applications and fundraising requests to corporate, governmental and non-governmental bodies?
Then do not hesitate to apply for the position of the IAPSS Grant Coordinator within the Events Department. Responsibilities of the position include mainly:
- Documentation, implementation and assessment of grant initiatives for IAPSS events (Study Trips and Seasonal Schools);
- Strategic planning of event development and project schemes applicable for IAPSS;
- Drafting grant applications and fundraising requests to corporate, governmental and non-governmental organizations in cooperation with IAPSS Fundraising Coordinator, Event Coordinators, the Head of the International Cooperation and Public Relations Department, and the Head of the Events Department;
- Coordination of various lobbying initiatives of IAPSS;
- Representation of IAPSS at meetings with potential partners for fundraising and grant purposes upon a mandate from the IAPSS Executive Committee;
- Other departmental related tasks assigned by the Head of the Department.
This position requires strong organizational skills, a high degree of autonomy, a professional level of communication, efficient time management, and a high-level of motivation. Furthermore, prior fundraising and grant application experience would be welcomed.
- Membership in the Board of the world’s largest international association representing students of political science and related disciplines;
- Partial or full (budget allowing) reimbursement of travel expenses to IAPSS events and meetings with partners (subject to approval by the IAPSS Executive Committee);
- Valuable work experience for future career in fundraising and lobbying;
- Contribution to the strengthening of equal opportunities for professional and personal growth of students of social sciences from all over the world, regardless of their financial situation;
- Certificate of recognition or letter of recommendation by the Head of IAPSS ICPR Department upon responsible fulfilment of assigned tasks.
Occupying the position implies that you are a member of IAPSS at the moment of your instalment and the whole duration of the position. If you are not a member yet, you need to become a member if you are appointed for this position. IAPSS membership embraces a wide range of benefits and services and comes at a student-friendly rate of either 10 or 15 EUR per year depending on your country of origin. Discounted rates are available for two-year memberships.
As all positions in the IAPSS Board, the position of the IAPSS Events Fundraising Coordinator is unpaid and executed based on a signed volunteering agreement. Expected workload is around 8-10 hours per week.
Does this job appeal to you? Then apply NOW! Please send your CV and a letter of motivation (max. 2 pages, referring to your experience, skills, and interests) to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than July 24, 2018.
All applicants will be notified within 7 working days from July 24, 2018. Selected candidates will be invited for a Skype interview.
Please do not hesitate to contact us in case of further questions or inquiries.
On behalf of the IAPSS Executive Committee,
Head of Events Department
International Association for Political Science Students (IAPSS)
Postbox 9108, 6500HK | Nijmegen | The Netherlands
email@example.com | www.iapss.org
www.facebook.com/iapss | www.twitter.com/iapss