Call for Applications
Study Trip Coordinator
of the International Association for Political Science Students (IAPSS)
Deadline: 27 July 2018, 23:59 CET
The International Association for Political Science Students is launching a Call for the IAPSS Study Trip Coordinator who is interested in taking over the position from August 6, 2018 onwards, focusing on the conceptualization, set-up and realization of the IAPSS Study Trips. IAPSS Study Trips aim at bringing a limited number of political science students together with stakeholders of all spheres, branches and levels in a selected country focusing on one or a number of issues relevant the contemporary study of politics. Typically, between 20 and 30 students travel together with two IAPSS Study Trip Coordinators for a duration of four days to two weeks – depending on both the topic and chosen destination. The trips comprise institutional visits, meetings with key politicians and journalists, actors from domestic and international bureaucracies, lobbying groups and business representatives, the diplomatic arena and artists.
As an IAPSS Study Trip Coordinator you will work home-based, focusing on the entire programme, the organizational/logistic framework and financial administration of the IAPSS Study Trips. The Head of the IAPSS Events Department will be of constant support and assistance to your work. Generally, the position of IAPSS Study Trips Coordinator includes the following main tasks:
- set-up of the Study Trips’ programmes, incl. the process of conceptualizing as well as communication with prospective partners (state institutions, diplomatic missions, supranational institutions, mass and local media, civil society actors and non-governmental organizations, research institutes, universities, cultural institutions and student unions)
- set-up of the Study Trips’ budgets and their continuous administration before, during and after the successful realization of the Study Trip, in collaboration with the Head of the IAPSS Events Department and the IAPSS Treasurer;
- set-up of Call for Applications as well as the registration and selection process of applications for participation;
- set-up of all logistical and administrative arrangements, incl. accommodation during the Study Trips, featured social and cultural side events, visa support to participants in need of permits/visas, planning of arrival and departure as well as on-site transportation and the preparation of materials related to the Study Trips;
- co-coordination of the Study Trips on-site together with additional members of the IAPSS Events Department and the IAPSS Executive Committee.
The position requires:
- a high degree of mutual responsibility, motivation, self-initiative and dedication, combined with reliability and flexibility with regards to the work in a highly international environment with a strong intercultural competence;
- excellent command of the English language (spoken and written);
- strong communicative skills as internal communication usually takes place through channels like e-mail and Skype;
- experience in and willingness to work with a high degree of organizational and conceptual freedom, but punctual and committed to adhere to work-related frameworks.
Framework of the position:
The position is – as all other positions within IAPSS – voluntary and unpaid, and extends until the end of the upcoming legislative mandate of the Association (June 1, 2018 – May 31, 2019), with the option of extension upon mutual satisfaction of the position-holder and the IAPSS Board and Executive Committee. In addition, occupying the position implies that you are a member of IAPSS at the moment of your instalment and during your whole term as Seasonal School Coordinator. Therefore, if you are not already a member you will be required to purchase membership in case of acceptance.
The expected workload of the position is around 10 hours per week. Benefits of the position:
- Membership in the Board of the world’s largest international association representing students of political science and related disciplines;
- partial or full (budget allowing) reimbursement of travel expenses to IAPSS events and meetings with partners (subject to approval by the IAPSS Executive Committee);
- valuable work experience for future career in;
- contribution to the strengthening of equal opportunities for professional and personal growth of students of social sciences from all over the world, regardless of their financial situation;
- certificate of recognition or letter of recommendation by the Head of IAPSS Events Department upon responsible fulfilment of assigned tasks.
Does this job appeal to you? Then apply NOW!
Please send your CV and a letter of motivation (max. 2 pages) to email@example.com no later than 27 July 2018, 23:59 CET.
All applicants will be notified within 7 working days from 27 July 2018, 23:59 CET. Selected candidates will be invited for a Skype interview.
Please do not hesitate to contact us in case of further questions or inquiries.
On behalf of the Executive Committee,
Head of Events Department
Postbox 9108, 6500HK | Nijmegen | The Netherlands