Call for Applications for members of Student Research Committees
of the International Association for Political Science Students (IAPSS)
The International Association for Political Science Students is launching a call for applications for members of its Student Research Committees (SRCs).
An IAPSS SRC is an organizational structure aiming at a deeper study of a specific subfield of a broader science or field of study. The IAPSS SRCs aim to mirror the Research Committees of the International Political Science Association (IPSA) and cover various sub-fields within political science.
The objectives and main activities of an IAPSS SRC are:
- to create personal contacts among political science students;
- to pursue research in the selected subfield of political science leading to collaboration on academic publications;
- to establish SRC panels at IAPSS events and other international conferences;
- to publish a series of articles in IAPSS publications.
Currently, the following SRCs are operational and accept applications for new members:
- SRC on EU Law and Politics (on a rolling basis)
- SRC on Conflict, Security and Crime (on a rolling basis)
- SRC on International Relations Theory (until 31 May 2017)
Every IAPSS SRC is composed by at least four members of whom one holds the position of the Chair and one the position of the Vice-Chair. Chairs are elected by the members of the respective SRC, subject to approval by the SRC Coordinator and the Head of the IAPSS Academic Department..
The members of the Student Research Committees work on a voluntary base. They are expected to actively contribute to the work of their Committee and communicate regularly with their Chair and fellow SRC members. Furthermore, occupying the position implies that you are a member of IAPSS at the moment of your instalment and during the whole period of your SRC membership, therefore, if you are not already a member you will be required to apply for membership in case of acceptance.
If you would like to apply, please send your name and CV alongside the name of the SRC you would like to join, and a short letter in which you present your academic interests & background, and answer the following questions:
- Why would you like to join the SRC of your choice?
- Which research topics would you like to examine as an SRC member?
Please send the documents in a PDF form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your application will be discussed with the Chair/Vice-Chair of the respective SRC and you will be notified on the result afterwards.
Please do not hesitate to contact us in case of further questions or inquiries.
Student Research Committees Coordinator
International Association for Political Science Students (IAPSS)
Nijmegen | The Netherlands