Becoming a member of IAPSS – as an association or as an individual – comes along with many benefits. Joining IAPSS means joining the biggest network of political science students in the world. You will profit not only from our events and academic services but also from the exchange of ideas and synergies created by working together with students from all over the world. Take a look on this overview of what an IAPSS Membership can offer you!
Association Membership Benefits:
- Join an extensive network of associations representing political science students and students from related fields on the local, national and regional level
- Use our extensive promotional channels, such as our Facebook Page, website, and newsletters, to promote your events or share your association-related news
- Get a special newsletter with IAPSS news and information about events that you can forward to your members
- Get invitations for your board representatives for an exclusive board reception at the annual IAPSS World Congress
- Sponsor an IAPSS Academic Panel or other session at one of our conferences, including the annual IAPSS World Congress
- Be involved in the organizational set up of key events such as conferences and seasonal schools, by being being to share your program ideas and speaker suggestions
- Host a local IAPSS event/conference at your university or in your town, and enjoy organizational support from either the IAPSS Congress Management or the IAPSS Events Department as well as promotion through IAPSS channels
- Receive a monthly update from the IAPSS President which outlines developments, discussions, and plans from the IAPSS Executive Committee
- Have your association regularly being featured in the News & Opportunities newsletter that all individual members receive and in dedicated Facebook posts
A Diverse Student Network
IAPSS encourages the exchange and networking of students of political science. During our conferences and events, you will meet and discuss with people from over 85 countries. More than 40 young academic talents work in the editorial / authorial boards of our publications. In an ever faster changing world, the IAPSS network will give you the unique opportunity to experiencing different perspectives on political and scientific issues from all over the place.
Academic Services: Publish and Present Your Work
IAPSS gives you the chance to publish your papers and improve your research and writing skills. Our internationally published journals POLITIKON and Encuentro Latinoamericano (ELA) as well as A Different View, our online blog on international affairs, offer possibilities for students of political science and young scholars to publish and present their work. Furthermore IAPSS’ own Academic Think Tank is a ideal structure to work with fellow students on joint publications, to participate in insightful academic debate and to enhance you academic skills. Or, apply for an IAPSS Delegation and travel to the conference of one of our reknown international partners in political science such as IPSA, ECPR, APSA or ISA and participate in a section / panel hosted by IAPSS.
A Wide Range of Events
IAPSS offers a wide range of international conferences and events, ranging from our largest annual event, the IAPSS World Congress, to our IAPSS Convention, the annual IAPSS Summer School and IAPSS Winter School and various IAPSS Study Trips to international destinations throughout the year. Debate, exchange and network with people from across the globe and dive into a vibrant international community of political science students. Meet with leading political scientists and political figures of our time and can exchange your thoughts and ideas with them. That’s not enough? Well, we even offer a range of travel grants for those who present a paper, chair or discuss at at panel at an IAPSS conference!
So You Want to Join?
Great! You have made an excellent choice!
The fee for an annual IAPSS Membership is student-friendly and takes into account global disparities. Individuals pay either 15.00 EUR (for students from Europe*, Turkey, the Russian Federation, the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore, South Korea and Israel) or 10.00 EUR (for all other countries).
Political Science Student Associations pay either 100.00 EUR (for associations from Europe*, Turkey, the Russian Federation, the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore, South Korea and Israel) or 70.00 EUR (for all other countries).
* excludes Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia